Year 2018 marks Salcomp’s 45th Anniversary. It all started for us in Salo, Finland on 15 May 1973 when the Salcomp Oy was established, as a subsidiary of Salora Oy, a leading TV and radio maker in Finland at the time . Our journey has been long and colorful. After Salora, we became part of Nokia, then acquired by private equity firm EQT, followed by IPO and listing our shares in Nasdaq OMX and finally becoming a member of the Nordstjernan family owned business. Our business has since the start focused on manufacturing and sales of electronic components and devices. On one hand, we should be humble as only few companies survive 45 years. On other hand, we should be very proud of our achievements:
- Cumulative manufacturing volume of over 4 billion chargers
- Undisputed global market leadership in the external charger industry
- Global manufacturing footprint with six factories in China, India and Brazil
- Broadest customer base in the external charger industry
- Technology innovation leadership within our business
We owe our longevity to our customers, suppliers and most importantly to our employees. Many memorable events have taken place along the way, explore our history to see how we got here: http://www.salcomp.com/about_us/history/index.php .
While our journey continues, I invite you all to join Salcomp’s 45th birthday celebration!
President & CEO